Highly accomplished, results oriented Human Resources and Diversity & Inclusion executive with extensive global experience at Procter & Gamble and Legacy Unlimited.
Core competencies include:
- Business Management: Strengths in the areas of envisioning and defining strategic direction for a business, enrolling senior management and peers across all categories, driving executional excellence, and being a catalyst for change. Extensive global business partner experience over 10 years across developed and emerging markets, numerous businesses, mergers and acquisitions. Designer and corporate initiative leader for executive development and global talent development across all business units and all functions worldwide.
- Inspirational Leadership: Regarded as a strong, passionate, effective leader across functions and regions. Leverages inclusive and collaborative partnerships to deliver sustained business and organizational growth. Challenges self and status quo to push boundaries and to consistently raise the bar. Strengths in change management, operating with discipline, leveraging OGSM, and accountability behind agreed-to measures. Served on executive leadership teams consecutively since 1995. Key leader in establishing business case, results, systems and programs that establish P&G’s international prominence as an premier developer of leadership, an employer of choice and a leader in Diversity & Inclusion.
- Human Resource Mastery: Utilizes deep business understanding and mastery of the full scope of Human Resource management to build competitive capability and emotional connections that create “best in class” businesses that are profitable and enrich the human spirit. Recognized by executives as one of the top global executive coaches, HR leaders and Diversity &Inclusion managers worldwide. Recognized by HR leadership as an expert in Leadership Development, Executive Development, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Globalization, High Performance Business Design, Change Management, Labor Relations, Policy, and HR management for mergers, acquisitions and downsizing.
Global Business, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), Human Resource, and Manufacturing Management responsibilities at Procter & Gamble and Legacy Unlimited. Consistently rated as a champion for business and leadership excellence.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Second Franklin District
- Responsible to provide to the citizens of the Second Franklin District excellent leadership and constituent services that support individuals, families, businesses, and communities in achieving prosperity, a healthy democracy and a vibrant and sustainable future, now and for generations to come.
- Serves as a member on the Joint Committee on Tourism, Arts and Cultural
Development and fulfill our duty to consider all matters concerning tourism, arts and cultural developmemt and such other matters as may be referred.
- Serves as a member on the Joint Committee on Labor and Workforce Development and fulfill our duty to consider all matters concerning discrimination with respect to employment, the labor laws, workers’ compensation and such other matters as may be referred.
- Serves as a member on Joint Committee on Election Laws and fulfill our duty to consider all matters concerning elections, election laws and such other matters as may be referred.
- Past member of the Joint Committee on Revenue, responsible to consider
all matters concerning Federal financial assistance, state fees, the
raising of revenue for the Commonwealth by means of taxation, certain
matters relating to the local property tax and such other matters as
may be referred.
Chief Operating Officer & Managing Partner Global Business Development
January 2006 – Present
- Responsible for a global entrepreneurial consulting company whose mission is provide rich, distinctive, and life changing experiences in which leaders can reflect, choose, and create their legacy. Their legacies can consist of unlimited possibilities that free one to live fully, to positively impact their organizations and humanity, and to achieve self-fulfillment and joy.
- Heads business plan development, P&L, portfolio management, strategic partnerships and customer development.
- Senior consultant for executives, strategy, Human Resources, mergers & acquisitions, and change management.
- Responsible to scale signature programs on leadership and diversity and delivered to 9000 people from over 103 countries.
- Leads a global team of 30+ professionals fully dedicated to building Legacy Unlimited business.
- Responsible for in-depth market understanding of concepts, products and programs to delight clients. Several Global 500 companies recognized our talent and programs as globally “Best in Class” in executive development, D&I, and leadership development.
Novartis Consumer Health
Global Head of Human Resources Manufacturing and Procurement
Parsippany, New Jersey
September 2011-March 2012
- Part time and location free assignment.
- Responsible to provide strategic leadership for global OTC HR manufacturing and procurement.
- Senior consultant for executives on leadership effectiveness, business strategy, human resources capability, global competitiveness and change management
Procter & Gamble
Global Diversity & Inclusion Manager
January 2002 – January 2006
- Recognized and staffed as a corporate international expert and resource for globalization, executive coaching, talent development, cross cultural business development and D&I.
- Designed and led top initiatives and systems work that has consistently enabled Procter & Gamble to be internationally recognized as a lead company on Leadership and D&I. Programs and work have supported the achievement of numerous awards, including the EEOC, Department of Labor, Catalyst Award, and “Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For”
- Responsible for delivering to the top leadership of an $84 Billion, 160,000 employee company the premiere diversity and leadership development initiative. Designed and led the corporate rollout consecutively over 14 years which resulted in $45MM savings per every 1000 employees trained. Total investment managed $20MM. Initiative results: 8000 people trained from over 103 countries, 80% of top management trained, 84 courses per year, 4.8/5.0 rating, improved acquisition success, product launch success , innovation and business results. This top initiative is recognized as a key strategy that reshaped P&G’s culture to increase “heart with head and action” resulting in tremendous global capability to grow and sustain the business.
- Led diversity progress in 16 countries. Recognized for special leadership mastery in China, Latin America, Japan, Europe, Russia, Middle East, sub Saharan Africa, Canada, and United States.
- Strategic leadership for acquisition, strategy, leadership development and cultural change work in Russia.
- Led international team of 40 initiative leaders and $5 million global budget.
- Led P&G’s first International Festival, responsible for design, linking key influencers-internally and externally, and establishing capability to deliver 20 diversity learning business forums worldwide.
- Led establishing corporate best practices across all areas of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Led executive development sessions worldwide on diversity and inclusion, business leadership, accountability and measurements.
- Achieved first ever approval and executive support to commercialize P&G’s top intellectual property.
North American Market Development Organization Capability Manager
May 2000 – January 2002
- Responsible to develop African American Marketing Team to leverage diversity in our top markets. Co-leader of team responsible to establish ethnic marketing as a competitive advantage for P&G. Established strategy and needed actions to win in African American markets and add $300 million incremental increase of NOS.
- Responsible for executive coaching on strategy, capability, execution and design for North American Commercial Teams. Function members included Sales, Marketing, R&D, CMK, Product Supply, and External Relations.
- Strategic leader for corporate on Best Practices in leadership accountability, strategic planning, D&I, creating an effective global culture, creating high performance, building systemic capability, innovation improvement, and global top talent development. Previous work, models and systems were adopted and scaled as the corporate standard of excellence.
Multicultural Business Development Human Resource Manager
August 1999 – May 2000
- Strategic HR business partner to General Manager for establishing strategic direction for a $1.4 Billion new business unit for P&G Ethnic Marketing. Business units’ work is recognized in the industry as Best in Class in Ethnic Marketing.
- Responsible to build the leadership team’s capability to achieve new levels of business results by utilizing diversity and high performance business skills.
- Senior management and top talent coach on business excellence, cultural change, systemic capability, diversity, effective engagement cross culturally and high performance.
North American Product Supply Diversity Manager
April 1998 – August 1999
- Partnered with VP to establish diversity business case, strategy, metrics, implementation and accountability for
North American Product Supply, 22,000 employee base. Scaled successful models that we developed in the Paper Sector.
- Responsible to effectively partner with 7 business unit V.P.’s and their Human Resource leader to deliver D&I Strategy.
- Led analysis of diversity data to identify opportunities and solutions. Delivered breakthrough results for the company.
- Leader of retention and pipeline development solutions for Women and People of Color.
- Led results benchmarking annually, recommended improvements on policy, leadership development, recruiting and retention.
- Reinvented diversity management for Corporate Restructure in 2000 resulting in a 50% staff reduction and improved results.
North American Diaper Products Human Resource Manager
August 1994 – April 1998
- Leader of HR results and systems for our $1.6 Billion Diaper business, 4000 employee base.
- Led leadership and human resource strategy and capability across 8 locations (Non Union and Union Manufacturing, R&D, Engineering, Product Supply) in Canada and the United States.
- Led two major acquisitions with sites in Canada and the United States.
- Partnered with Paper Sector V.P. to establish P&G’s first diversity business case, strategy, metrics, system implementation and accountability across 3 business units of 11,000 employees across Canada and the US. This work was used as the corporate model across all functions and positioned P&G as an early leader in Diversity across all industries.
- Top management team member working with 15 Directors and 2 V.P.’s to develop and deliver sector HR and diversity goals.
- Leader of the North American Product Supply Health Care Cost Containment team, across $32 MM budget, responsible to hold cost escalation to 6% versus a 12% industry average.
Previous Management Positions with Procter & Gamble
Managed operations across Union and Non-Union P&G Manufacturing and Technical Sites:
- Operations Manager-Jif, Lexington, Kentucky 300 associates, 60 managers
- Operations Manager-Ivory, Cincinnati, Ohio and Quincy, Massachusetts 300 associates, 40 managers
- Brand Manufacturing Manager-Camay, Cincinnati, Ohio, 100 associates, 20 managers
- Plant Personnel Manager –Lima, Ohio, 300 associates, 40 managers
- Laundry Warehouse & Distribution Manager, Lima, Ohio, 65 associates
- Beauty Care Department Manager, Quincy, Massachusetts, 50 associates, 3 managers
- Beauty Care Shift Supervisor, Quincy, Massachusetts, 40 associates
MBA, International Business - Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH, USA
BS, Chemical Engineering - University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
EXECUTIVE EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Strategic Development and Deployment; Leadership College; Executive Coaching Certification; HR Certification; Merger & Acquisition Management; Managing Plant & Business Closings; High Performance Business Design; Leadership & Mastery; University of Tennessee Institute of Productivity Through Quality; Dr. Deming-Total Quality; Integrated Work Systems; Project Management; Labor Law; EEOC & Affirmative Action; Collective Bargaining, Corporate Athlete; Cultures at Work; Chopra Spiritual Leadership; Customer Service-Disney Institute; Entrepreneurial Management; Global Cultural Competency
LOCAL, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES & RECOGNITIONS
|Orange Revitalization Partnership, Project Coordinator
|| 2010 – Present
|Orange Historical Society
||2010 - Present
|North Quabbin Anglers
||2010 – Present
|Massachusetts Governor’s Diversity Advisory Council, Chair
||2008 – Present
|Procter & Gamble Alumni Women’s Forum, Chair
||2008 – Present
|Greater Cincinnati Chinese Chamber of Commerce
|| 2008 – Present
|Habitat for Humanity, St. Bernard Project- New Orleans
|| 2007 – Present
|Guest Lecturer-UC, Xavier, UMASS, US State Department
||2004 – Present
|Network of Executive Women
|| 2000 – Present
|Procter & Gamble Women Leadership Community, Leader
||1992 – Present
|Campaign Worker and Activist: Local, State, National
|Town of Orange, Human Resource Committee
|| 2010 – 2012
|Executive Fine Arts- Community of Color
|International Diversity Leadership Recognition, Procter & Gamble
|| 2004, 2005
|Procter & Gamble Affinity Networks, Sponsor
(Asian, Different Abilities, African American Women, GLBT, Latin)
|1991 – 2005
|HR Certification Leader
|| 1995 – 2005
|High Performance Corporate Trainer
||1995 – 2005
|Diversity & Inclusion Corporate Dean
||1991 – 2005
|North American Diversity Leadership Team, Co-Leader
||1994 – 2000
|Cincinnati Diversity Round Table, Chair
|United Way Campaign
||1987, 1991, 1996
|Featured in World Cultures Media and N.E.W. Publications.
|World Cultures Media, Cincinnati, Board Member
|| 2005 – Present
|Women’s International Network, Switzerland, Board Member
||2003 – 2012